View our Covid-19 Response Hub.

Road Department


Dan Klapthor

22533 Electric Drive
Cambridge Springs, PA 16403
7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday - Friday

Road Department

Cambridge Township is responsible for 32.88 miles of paved and gravel roads.

The Cambridge Township Road Department has one full-time, one part-time and one seasonal employee.

The Roadmaster is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and repair of the Township’s roads, drainage systems and the Municipal Building.  The Roadmaster’s work involves planning and scheduling projects in order to maintain a maintenance schedule, to provide for periodic seasonal needs, and to deal with road related emergencies on a twenty-four-hour basis.  In addition, the Roadmaster directs and participates in snow plowing and anti-skid operations during the winter months, as well as oversees the contracted seal coating and paving work during the summer.

The Roadmaster and Road Department employees are required to maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and possess the ability to operate various pieces of construction and maintenance equipment, including trucks, mowers, sweepers, graders, backhoes, loaders, and rollers.  They also possess knowledge of standard practices and techniques of road maintenance, as well as knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions for such operations.

Please contact the Township Road Department for any emergency or to report an issue or a complaint.  The Cambridge Township Roadmaster, Dan Klapthor is available by contacting (814) 398-8327 or emailing


Driveway pipe replacement

As a service to our Township residents, the Road Department will install driveway pipes.  The Township requires that the resident purchase the pipe, however the Township will install it.  Prior to purchasing a new pipe, please contact the Roadmaster, Dan Klapthor at (814) 398-8327 to determine the size of pipe needed or for additional information.


Special Road Related Permits

The Road Department is also responsible for the issuance of special road related permit applications.  These include Special Activity Permits, Road Bonding Permits and Road Occupancy Permits.

  • Special Activity Permits such as for Bike races, 5K-15K Run/Walks
  • Road Bonding Permits such as for Loggers and Heavy Haulers
  • Road Occupancy Permits such as for Utility Companies or Contractors who need access in or along the road right of way.

If you have any questions regarding Permits, please contact the Roadmaster, Dan Klapthor at (814) 398-8327, or email

Documents and forms utilized by the Road Department are provided below in the Road Department Document List.

Close window